Apply to the Accelerated M.A. Program

Apply to the Accelerated M.A. Program

How to Apply

To apply, you must be a current Information Science and eSociety student with a 3.3 GPA, at least 75 units earned, with 90 units (Senior Standing) pending. Complete the University of Arizona Graduate College online application. Follow these steps:

  1. Create a GradApp account
  2. Complete your GradApp profile under "My Account".
  3. Select "Apply to a Program" from the sidebar.
  4. Choose "Degree Seeking" under application type 
    1. LISMALISMAAMP under program of study
  5. Use the AMP code: UAAMP721X01.
  6. Choose the semester during which you wish to enter the program.
  7. Your application should now be initiated under "My Active Applications."


 Upload ALL the requested materials. You're required to have a 3.3 GPA and completion of 90 units (Senior standing). You can apply once you have 75 units, but you must have earned 90 (Senior Standing) before you can officially begin taking graduate classes as part of the AMP program. 

Promotional flyer 



Unlike the standard MA and MS program, the AMP program has rolling deadlines. You can apply to the AMP at any time if you meet the criteria (3.3 GPA, 90 units (Senior standing) pending, 75 completed), but please let the Manager of Administration and your academic advisor know immediately when you have applied. Due to the rolling deadline, the department relies on you to let us know when you have submitted your AMP application so it can be processed in a timely fashion.


Once accepted into the AMP program, you must register for graduate classes using the Undergraduate Registration in Graduate Classes form. You cannot register for 500-level classes in UAccess student center when you are an undergraduate and must use the form. AMP Students are strongly recommended to only take 500-level, not 600-level graduate classes, while an undergraduate. 

Degree Requirements

Important Additional Information 

Students MUST be an Information Science and eSociety undergraduate major to participate in the AMP program with our MA degree. Non-iSchool majors who are qualified seniors can consider registration in  500-level graduate classes with assistance from their advisor and permission from the department using the Undergraduate Registration in Graduate Classes form for graduate credit or honors credit. But only Accelerated Masters Program students have permission to double-dip graduate classes towards BOTH an undergraduate and graduate degree.

What happens when I graduate with my Bachelor’s degree?

AMP students must apply to the MA program in their final (senior) year. The application fee can be waived.

That means you must apply twice: 1) To the AMP program, to participate in double-dipped graduate classes your Senior year and 2) To the MA  program during your Senior Year, before you graduate with your Bachelor’s.