The Digital and Social Media Intern will play an active role in maintaining Inside + Out’s digital and social media platform presence and help create and post content relevant to our customer base. He/she will be responsible for our archive of digital images, videos, and other content and will be reaching out to communities digitally to promote events, sales, and programs in-store.
- Update Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts daily.
- Respond to posts and comments with positive, upbeat, excite-reactive responses.
- Post updates, news, new product descriptions, and store specific announcements. Perform research to find articles, stories and other content relevant to our customer base.
- Grow Inside + Out’s social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
- Take pictures and videos to be developed into content for our social media platforms.
- Complete other digital media projects as assigned.
- Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with taking initiative, and with collaborative projects.
- Experience with basic photo editing and video editing software and internet browsers.
- Must be familiar with mainstream social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Availability to work 8-10 hours a week.
- Should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-up environment.
This is a part-time internship and we require that you bring your own computer to complete projects and tasks. Candidates should be part of the UofA School of Information Undergraduate Internship Program. While this internship is unpaid, we can provide a stipend to cover excessive travel and work-related expenses.