Essential Job Functions
- Provides professional reference service to all NSU-affiliated library users, both local and distance, and Broward County users in person, by phone, and via computer.
- Assists library users in the use and interpretation of the library collections and in identifying and accessing appropriate materials for research purposes.
- Provides individualized and group instruction on the use of library resources, including use of specialized databases, and produce documentation to assist in training and teaching.
- Participates in collection development activities to recommend selection and weeding of library materials.
- Assists in the creating and maintaining of web pages.
- Prepares bibliographies and guides in subject areas.
- May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of volunteers and/or student employees.
Marginal Job Functions
- Participates on department, library and university-wide committees as needed.
- Attends professional library meetings away from the campus, representing the library to the larger community. Participate in SEFLIN committees and events as needed.
- Prepares special projects, such as surveys, flyers, documentation and statistical reports, as needed.
- Acts as liaison and promote library services to NSU students, faculty, and staff, and Broward County users.
- Stays current in professional library literature and participate in professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
- Current computer skills, including online searching.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.