Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews requests for library material submitted by library selectors, faculty, and students, assesses availability, locates appropriate vendors, and communicates with requesters to problem-solve complex requests;
- Places firm orders for material in all formats, creates order records in the Library Services Platform (LSP), monitors order fulfillment, and communicates with vendors as needed to resolve issues;
- Interacts with a variety of vendors and vendor systems and continually monitors and responds to changes in vendors, vendor contracts, and vendor services;
- Receives and reconciles invoices in preparation for payment in Accounting;
- Participates in the workflows that maintain the libraries’ demand driven, evidence based, approval, and other acquisitions programs;
- Supports our Course-Driven Acquisition program [CDA] by acquiring material requested by instructors in all formats, including ebooks and streaming video;
- The Libraries supports the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The incumbent is expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree AND no work experience required; OR four years progressively responsible library, information center, or related work experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
- Experience working in a library setting.
- Experience in working with spreadsheets.
- Work experience with financial transactions.
- Experience with cataloging and metadata standards.
- Experience in library tools, systems, and resources related to acquisitions functions in academic libraries.