As part of the University Alumni and Development Program (UADP) and under the direction of the Associate Director of Prospect Management, work to develop strategies and programs to build an effective pipeline of potential donors to the University of Arizona. Build a broad and deep understanding of fundraising metrics to provide the information that supports the management of prospects through the development cycle. Propose processes for ensuring that the best prospects are actively managed by Development Officers (DOs). Partner with DOs on the tracking and management of their activity in Blackbaud CRM (Lynx). Support DOs in their use of prospect research findings for informing development strategies. Liaise with prospect research team members as needed to deliver capacity analysis and wealth profiles of key portfolio prospects. Regularly report on information regarding fundraising progress/activity and interpret information to advise UADP leaders and other managers on fundraising performance. Partner with the Associate Director to develop and manage Prospect Management Policy & Process Guidelines. Regularly monitor fundraising activity for continuity and compliance with the UADP’s Prospect Management Policy & Process Guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategize and partner with UADP leadership, prospect development colleagues, and DOs to support the development of high capacity portfolios.
- Analyze fundraising activity to support DOs in identifying top prospects and suspects.
- As needed, partner with UADP leadership to recommend the recalibration of DO portfolios to maximize performance and elevate the highest priority prospects for management.
- Advise and report to UADP leaders and other managers on the status of fundraising strategies, activities, and progress.
- Partner with prospect development colleagues to manage and respond to prospect management-related support requests that are directed to the team.
- Partner with colleagues to make recommendations and draft proposals for developing and/or modifying University Prospect Management Policy & Process Guidelines.
- In partnership with the Training & Information Engagement team, build standard prospect management query templates, dashboards, and system reports in Blackbaud CRM for DOs to access, as common business needs are identified.
- Act as a Blackbaud CRM prospect management expert to inform the design and continued implementation of a prospect management training program for DOs and their support staff.
- Participate in the administration and configuration of the prospect management components of the Blackbaud CRM system.
- Provide regular quality checks and audits as needed to ensure the quality of prospect, assignment, action, and proposal data.
- Using Blackbaud CRM or other software (Excel, Access, and/or Tableau), produce regular management reports as needed that track the general quality of prospect and suspect pools, portfolios, and metrics.
- Assist in setting short and long-term goals and priorities for the prospect management (moves management) program.
- Understand and apply national best practices, processes, and technologies for prospect management.
- Learn about technologies, products, and expertise that could improve the effectiveness of the UADP and apply them to grow and achieve an industry-leading program.
- Seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts with other prospect management professionals nationwide.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of constituent information at all times.
- Uphold departmental policies regarding confidential information.
- Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of both the Foundation and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the internal workings of the UADP as well as the technology tools available, including Blackbaud CRM, Tableau Data Visualization Software, a Microsoft Windows computer environment, and the Microsoft Office suite (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access required).
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the principles, practices, developments, and techniques of instituting a prospect management/moves management program in a complex fundraising and development operation, including an understanding of how prospect management systems are integrated into those operations.
- Proficiency with query and analysis techniques and tools used to modify, retrieve, manipulate, and report on data from relational database management systems.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, including the ability to communicate patiently, professionally, and effectively.
- A strong commitment to proactive customer service is required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, high attention to detail and follow-up, excellent organizational skills, and an exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative required.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage several projects simultaneously in an environment with multiple and competing priorities required.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to new programs in an emerging and changing environment.
- Seven years of relevant experience, including experience developing, designing, and delivering metrics reporting, prospect research, prospect management, project management, or database administration/management services in a fundraising/development or other professional work environment; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 2 or more years of experience working in a higher-education or non-profit development role.
- One or more years of experience using Blackbaud CRM.
- Experience working closely with frontline development officers.
- Demonstrated experience leading a project team, acting as a lead, and mentoring or managing colleagues.