AI center at Mayo Clinic, Arizona is searching for a postdoctoral scholar. The AI center is led by Dr. Bhavik Patel, who is also affiliated with Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, Arizona State University. The AI center focuses on cutting‐edge research at the intersection of imaging science and biomedical informatics, developing and applying AI methods to large amounts of medical data for biomedical discovery, precision medicine, and precision health (early detection and prediction of future disease).
The postdoctoral scholar will be working on two core research topics: (1) develop foundational AI methods for analyzing and extracting information from clinical texts and imaging; (2) develop clinical prediction models using multi-modal and longitudinal electronic medical records (EMR) and radiological scan data. The scholar will deploy and evaluate these methods as clinical applications to transform medical care.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
The following is required for completeness of application:
- Current curriculum vitae with bibliography
- Proof of doctoral degree (copy of diploma or final transcript with English translation, if applicable) or a letter from your university's Registrar office indicating you have fulfilled all doctoral program requirements and are eligible to graduate.
Please also be prepared that you may be asked to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to an interview.
- Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
- Post-graduate degree (PhD or MD, completed or near completion) in biomedical data science, informatics, computer science, engineering, statistics, computational biology, or a related field, with a background or interest in imaging
- Experience in machine learning and AI, particularly in computer vision and NLP
- Strong record of distinguished scholarly achievement
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- Established record of distinguished scholarly achievement