In this role the Technical Services Librarian manages cataloging, acquisitions and our archives functions. Other duties include managing the cataloging and acquisitions modules of our ILS (OCLC’s WMS), performing original and copy-cataloging of materials in all formats as selected by the University Librarian, and adding content to and overseeing the University Archives (OCLC’s ContentDM).
Experience and Qualifications:
The skills and ability that you will bring with you include:
- A Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science from an American Library Associate (ALA)-accredited program,
- One to three years of experience in an academic setting is preferred,
- One to three years of experience and knowledge of appropriate cataloging, acquisitions, and archival practice is also preferred,
- The ability to hold faculty rank,
- Knowledge of copyright law and fair use guidelines,
- Strong skills in the use of integrated library systems,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Ability to perform regular institutional service through faculty governance activities.