Joyner-Green Valley Library
Internship Position Title: PCPL Fall Grad Internship
Description: Intern will work as a member of the Joyner-Green Valley Library Youth Services team to respond to the early literacy needs of children and their families in the Green Valley, Sahuarita and Amado communities.
Supervisor: Meggin Kitterman
Location: Joyner-Green Valley Library (Green Valley, Arizona)
Learning objectives (for intern):
- Intern will gain experience in planning and presenting youth programming in a manner that incorporate professional best practices.
- Intern will work with professional staff to plan and implement regular outreach visits to under-served and/or diverse communities particularly residents of Amado, Arizona.
- Intern will demonstrate confidence in providing reference, circulation and technology help to the general public
- Intern will become familiar with PCPL Collection Development resources and will utilize these resources in performing routine collection maintenance.
- Intern will become familiar with PCPL's Mission, Vision and Values and understand their relationship to the development and implementation of library services.
Tech skills required:
- working knowledge of the use of library databases
- Participates in the review of the collection and recommends acquisition of new materials, and the culling and disposal of outdated or extraneous materials;
- Makes presentations to customers, schools, community groups, and neighborhood associations
- Participates in the check-out/in of library materials
- Instructs and/or trains staff and patrons in the use of the library and available resources including reference materials, electronic resources and collections
- Develops public library programs and services, including computer instruction for children, teens, adults
- Provides research assistance to requesters, which may include utilization of print and electronic resources, ordinances, and like materials