Unless otherwise noted, SIRLS Research Brown Bags take place on Wednesdays from 12:00pm to 1:30pm in the SIRLS Multi-purpose Room. SIRLS is located at 1515 East First Street, just west of Cherry Avenue.
Additional talks will be scheduled shortly. Please check back.
Note: Podcasts of most of the past talks can be downloaded from the SIRLS Podcast Page.
- September 15 -- Kay Mathiesen (Arizona, SIRLS) on "How to do Information Ethics: A Case Study of Wikileaks."
- October 6 -- Hong Cui (Arizona, SIRLS) on "Unsupervised Learning, Ontology Construction, and Semantic Annotation."
- November 5 (FRI, 10:30am) -- Edwin Cortez (Tennessee, Information Sciences) on "Points of intersection and collaboration in teaching and research between the School of Information Sciences at the University of Tennessee and SIRLS."
- November 10 -- Steve Rains (Arizona, Communication) on "Seeking Health Information in the Information Age."
- December 1 -- Don Fallis (Arizona, SIRLS) on "Sherlock Holmes and the Many Faces of Deception."
- February 9 -- Peter Botticelli (Arizona, SIRLS) on "Archives Appraisal in the Digital Age: A Research Plan."
- February 11 (FRI, 12:00pm, Copper Room at the Student Union) -- Denice Adkins (Missouri, Information Science and Learning Technologies) on "Observing Latino Communities."
- February 16 -- Rosario Carrillo (Arizona, Mexican American Studies) on "Latina Multiple Literacies: Locating and Negotiating Ways of Knowing."
- February 24 (THURS, 6:30pm, Location: TBA) -- SIRLS Distinguished Lecture
- March 2 -- Carol Gordon (Rutgers, Library and Information Science) on "Teaching through Technology: Theory and Practice in Electronic Information Literacy Tutorials in Higher Education."
- March 9 -- Heshan Sun (Arizona, SIRLS) on "Mindfulness, Uncertainty, and Technology Acceptance."
- April 15-16 (FRI, SAT) -- Information Ethics Roundtable on "Information Rights as Human Rights."
- April 27 -- Marti Lindsey (Arizona, SIRLS) on "Health Literacy -- Importance and Implications for Public Health Promotion."
Previous Research Brown Bags: