Student Engagement & Career Development would like to share our new Spring 2019 Design Your [Internship] program.
We’re seeking high potential students (ideally freshman & sophomores) interested in making a difference and improving their creative problem solving skills. If they have a willingness to learn and collaborate – we encourage them to apply!
Do you want to solve a real-world problem? Are you looking for an experience where you can make a difference, learn more about yourself, and build professional skills?
- Gain experience addressing complex problems using design thinking, lean startup, systems thinking and other creative problem solving strategies
- Receive leadership coaching based on personally identified goals
- Differentiate themselves in a hyper-competitive job market
- Build their network both on & off campus
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team on real-world projects that make an impact on campus
- Co-design and facilitate learning and data collection experiences to engage other students
- Reflect at key milestones to integrate learning and improve project outcomes
- Collect and synthesize stories, qualitative data, and quantitative data
- Provide informed recommendations to project partners
- Create a portfolio of work to demonstrate ability to future employers
Relevant Skills and Mindsets
- Learner agility: The ability to quickly adapt and apply feedback to new situations and tasks.
- Listening: The ability to listen and incorporate others’ perspectives.
- Situational & self-awareness: The ability to successfully adjust one’s behavior to meet team and situational needs.
- Motivation: The drive to take initiative to attempt to achieve a goal despite the risk of failure.
- Proactive: Always looks to add value, whether it is improving current processes or suggesting new ones.
- Communication & Collaboration: Comfortable navigating ambiguity (like this job description) and confident asking for help.
This is your chance! Student Engagement is now accepting applications for our competitive Spring 2019 internship program. While working with a team of students, you will receive the training and personalized feedback you need to level-up!
Apply on Handshake: https://arizona.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2171349/share_preview
Application deadline: December 16, 2018
Questions? Contact Carly Croman, firstname.lastname@example.org