Seeking a good listener who wants to learn more about working with sound and voices! For MLIS and graduate students the work can be focused on podcasting for memory institutions including certification by a certified librarian or archivist. Undergraduates are also invited to apply. Assistant Professor Diana Daly of the University of Arizona iSchool is seeking one or more interns to assist with the production of the podcast including recording, interviewing, transcription, and audio production. For those interested this internship can also include marketing and other content creation.
There are multiple series the intern's work may contribute toward. InfoReal is a new podcast series coming out of the iSchool at the University of Arizona. The goal of this series is to take complex information concepts and bridge the gaps from beginner to expert understandings, through interviews with faculty and speakers at our iSchool. Walls Talk is a series about the history behind public art around Tucson sponsored by the University of Arizona Libraries. Additionally we have a partnership with the UA's Office of Digital Learning to create episodic podcasts on digital platforms and teaching technologies.
- Student level: Undergraduate or Graduate. For Graduate students seeking the MLIS work will be stepped up to fit the qualifications for MLIS and Capstone Internships; supervisor is a certified librarian/archivist.
- Supervisor: Dr. Diana Daly
- Location: Tucson, though some work can be done online
- Hours: 135 minimum
- Dates: Ongoing (per semester)
- Description of work to be performed: The intern(s) will assist with recording, interviewing, transcription, and audio production. For those interested this internship can also include marketing and other content creation.
- Qualifications: Anyone may apply, but preference will be given to candidate with experience in audio production and with good ears for audio work.
- Paid or Unpaid: This is not a paid internship.
- How to apply: Email your resume and either a one-page cover letter OR a voice memo of 1-3 minutes describing your interest to email@example.com, with the subject, Audio internship application
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis while an intern is still needed.