BACHELOR of Arts in Information Science & Arts
Shape the digital landscapes of tomorrow.
Find out how the BA IS&A is the right program for you:
In the University of Arizona’s on-campus Bachelor of Arts in Information Science and Arts (BA IS&A), you'll be immersed in the fusion of technology and creativity that is computational arts.
Unleash your creative genius and technical prowess in such areas as multimedia design, robotics, game development, system design and interactive experiences with the BA IS&A. As a student of the computational arts, you’ll immerse yourself in the magic of creative coding and digital storytelling, the intricacies of human-computer interaction, the immersive realms of virtual reality and the subtleties of user experience, preparing you for a dynamic career in one of our fastest growing industries.
* Average salary for information science and arts bachelor's graduates according to PayScale, January 2024.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THE BA IS&A
- Human-centered design, ergonomics and artistic design
- How to evaluate and test methods to validate design decisions
- Creation and communication of evidence-based computational arts solutions
- Information and communication technologies and the societal implications of their use
- How to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Research methods and presentation skills for information science and interactive arts
- Recognition and analysis of ethical and policy concerns raised by new technologies
- Effective communication across cultures and with diverse peoples and groups