Affiliate Faculty Policy
Affiliate faculty advance the teaching and research missions of the School of Information. In many cases affiliated faculty serve on doctoral committees and teach School of Information courses or cross-listed courses with other departments.
Our affiliated faculty are:
- Appointed on a 3-year term
- Given 0% courtesy appointment in the School of Information
- Required to hold a 100% faculty appointment outside of the School of Information
- Reviewed periodically to evaluate ongoing involvement with the School
- Expected to present their research once a year, or every other year, in the School of Information (simply contact the department to find out which of our faculty members are organizing research talks).
How to Request Affiliation
To request formal affiliation, send an email to Catherine Brooks, Director of the iSchool, and include:
- a brief cover letter (or email) indicating your interest in the School of Information.
- your CV
- an electronic photo to include on our website
Your email or cover letter should also:
- Include a brief description of your research and/or teaching specialties for inclusion on the School of Information website.
- Identify any joint research projects that you have held or currently hold jointly with School of Information faculty including pending proposals with title and funding agency.
- Identify any School of Information comprehensive or dissertation committees that you have participated in.
- Identify which of the key criteria you meet (must meet at least one) for faculty affiliation with the School of Information:
- Teach a course/courses for the School that are formally cross-listed with another unit.
- Work on grants or have published work with faculty in the School of Information.
- Plan on future collaboration (teaching or research) with faculty in the School of Information (please describe briefly).
- Indicate whether you wish to be added to the School of Information mailing list.