As we work together to battle the coronavirus, we will continue to offer safe and secure online sessions . Even though our physical office is closed, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by CDC, we are working remotely and continuing to provide student, staff, and faculty assistance. We can be reached Monday-Friday 9am-4pm Mountain Standard Time at 520-621-3565 or by email – please refer to the iSchool Directory. Please allow up to 24 hours response time. Faculty and Adjuncts will respond as their schedules permit.
Get COVID-19 updates and information for the University of Arizona community.
Admissions for Certificate Programs
Domestic Admission Deadlines:
Fall Semester: February 15
Spring Semester: October 15
Summer Semester: March 15
International Admission Deadlines:
Fall Semester: February 15
Spring Semester: September 1
Summer Semester: March 1
How to Apply
To apply, you must complete the University of Arizona Graduate College online application. Follow these steps:
- Create a GradApp account
- Complete your GradApp profile under "My Account".
- Select "Apply to a Program" from the sidebar.
- Choose "Graduate Certificate" under application type and then choose the certificate you are interested in.
- Choose the semester during which you wish to enter the program.
- Your application should now be initiated under "My Active Applications."
Applications to our certificate programs are reviewed by our Certificate Coordinator. To be admitted, you must meet the minimum requirements of the UA Graduate College, which include:
- A bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona or from an accredited college or university recognized by the University of Arizona
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher
You are required to submit the following materials as part of your online application. Your application will not be processed until all required information is received.
Academic Statement of Purpose
Write a 750-1000 word written statement of introduction and interest in the program. The Statement of Purpose should be uploaded in your online application in the ‘Supplemental Questions’ section.
Upload unofficial transcripts from ALL higher education institutions attended as part of the online application under ‘Supplemental Questions’ section.
Official e-transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the institution. Official transcripts can be requested after the graduate college has provided requirements in their letter once admittance has occurred.
Letters of Recommendation
Provide email addresses and contact information for two recommenders in the ‘Letters of Recommendation’ section of the online application.
Upload a current resumé or curriculum vitae (CV) as part of the online application in the ‘Supplemental Questions’ section.
Applications from Graduate Students
A Graduate College admission application is needed if you are:
- adding a Certificate and you are a current graduate, degree-seeking student.
Please complete the following:
- Complete and submit a GradApp application
- Write a 750-1000 word written statement of introduction and interest in the program in the ‘Supplemental Questions’ section
- Unofficial transcripts, a current resume, and letters of recommendation are not required for current students. Write ‘NA’ for these fields, and submit the application. (You will need to add email addresses in the recommenders field or the system will not let you submit the application. Just add your email address in those two fields since the letters are not needed for current students.)
Certificates offered through Arizona Online are charged flat-fee per unit, and out-of-state tuition is not assessed. See Arizona Online Certificate Programs
Students not in online programs may also need to complete:
A domicile affidavit if you wish to have in-state (Arizona) status. Mail or FAX the form directly to the Residency Classification Office. All students are considered out-of-state residents until domicile affidavits are processed. See Residency Guidelines and also review information about Proposition 300.
A financial guarantee form (international students)
An immunization form to be sent directly to Campus Health. Students will not be allowed to register for classes until they have met the University's immunization requirements. For more information, see the Campus Health Service's immunization requirements.
If you have any questions, contact:.